Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 4: I built a lego house

No really I did.. well it's actually just the level that's made of tiny lego-like pieces.

Today was.. a busy day so I really didn't get much work done, but I'm happy with what I did, despite some few more nasty trick I had to make today the code seems to be working very smoothly at a constant rate of 58fps with a few drops to 40 here and there but nothing too serious.

I finally have some tangible changes to show! Check it out

The platforms are not ugly red rectangles anymore! Now they're ugly lego platforms! I really wanted to get done those damn platforms today because as you will discover in time they're not just pretty visuals, one of the game mechanics depended on the platforms working nicely and smoothly (which they do now).

So yeah.. to be honest this day I didn't worked that much on the game but I'm happy I could get at least that done. Now tomorrow the plan is to keep working on the graphics and maybe start to find some sounds! If nothing goes wrong I think I'll be able to deliver with no problems.

Oh in case any of you are wondering, and if you need it I'm using Piskel for my pixel art, why am I doing Pixel art? well as I said before I suck at drawing so it's easier for me to edit some small images pixel by pixel than actually draw the stuff, I'm not saying my pixel art is good, it's just.. the best I can do given my abilities.


Well that's it for today! Good luck to all my fellow developers once again! See ya tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done so far. Am looking forward to see the completed entry.

    ReplyDelete